“Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.”
#1 Audit and Improve
To achieve great results in marketing, you don’t always have to reinvent the wheel. Sometimes it’s just a case of using the tools at your disposal more effectively.
Instead of launching ambitious short term marketing campaigns, take stock of what you have and make improvements. This approach will bring your business sustainable success throughout 2021 and beyond.
Make website improvements
- Create dedicated SEO-friendly landing pages for each service or product.
- Do all your forms and links work? (FYI – dead links can tarnish your Google ranking.)
Refresh your social media
- Make sure your profile is optimised with a clear bio and includes industry-related hashtags/keywords when applicable.
- Look at your last 5 posts. Is there something valuable for each of your target audiences?
Examine your PPC campaigns
- Check how your keywords performed in your previous PPC campaigns. To optimise results and keep costs down, consider long-tail keywords which contain at least 3 words.
- Analyse your click-through and conversion rates. If your CTR is high, but your conversion rate is low, improve the content or image.
Review your current strategy
- Identify your 3 closest competitors and compare features, benefits, pricing, sales (if possible) and distribution. If they’re beating you in any of these areas, consider tweaking the way you operate.
- What are your long-term market goals? If it’s to increase audience size, ramp up social media posting and ads. If it’s to generate more qualified sales leads, develop a content marketing plan with lead magnets, blogs and email campaigns. Or if it’s to differentiate your business from the competition, reflect your USP in your website content and digital marketing campaigns.
Your Marketing Checklist
Keep track of your progress each month and download a copy of our marketing checklistCLICK HERE
Not sure what to spend?
We can simulate your marketing campaigns and sales funnels before you even spend a penny.BOOK A CALL
Get a Marketing Audit
Book your 1 to 1
Get in touch, we'll run through the checklist with and create an action plan to improve your marketingBOOK A CALL